Wil jij elke dag onbezorgd naar je werk, waarbij je een prachtig uitzicht over de natuur hebt, en een dik belegde boterham krijgt bij de lunch? Solliciteer dan nu! Jouw werkdag: ’s Ochtends kom je op je gemak ...
Director DevOps Engineering (Amsterdam, 110K)
Deze vacature is helaas niet meer actueel. Je kan op deze vacature niet meer solliciteren. Goed nieuws! We hebben een ruim aanbod van vacatures waarop je wél kunt solliciteren. We zien je sollicitatie graag tegemoet!
Our customers Cloud team is looking for DevOps Engineer Director, under the general direction from the VP of Cloud Services, will build and manage a DevOps team that assists in many of the day-to-day tasks critical to the team’s success for significant Enterprise SaaS solutions.
These tasks performed by the team will include support and design of continuous integration and delivery pipeline applications, various scripting and automation tasks relative to service delivery, and/or platforms support.
Other duties will include documentation of applications and standards, maintenance of ticketing queues, general assistance with projects, troubleshooting, and after hours SDLC support.
- Build, manage, and lead a team of systems engineers
- Architect, design and support continuous integration and delivery pipeline.
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in cloud infrastructure operations via automation
- Scripting tasks relative to platforms support and service delivery.
- Facilitate after hours deployment efforts as needed.
- Support development and QA teams in their deployment efforts as needed.
- Open change tickets as needed to facilitate release automation processes
- Become thoroughly familiar with all compliance and security requirements, adhering to all policy and standards, adapting to CI/CD platform as needed.
- Ensure pipeline platforms are redundant and backed up as needed.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately, deferring to management on communicating with external teams as needed.
- Provide internal and external customers with excellent customer service
- Attend departmental, project and general meetings and effectively represent current status as appropriate.
- Participate in company provided training and perform independent training and research as appropriate.
- Install system patches and application updates as directed.
- Assist in other production support efforts as needed.
- Participate in an on-call support rotation for providing after-hours support.
- Where possible, design and/or automate yourself and your team out of any of the above duties.
- Experience in managing SE teams working on SaaS solutions
- Leading candidates will have both developer and operations education and/or experience.
- Command of at least one scripting language, such as PowerShell, Ruby or Python and openness to adding the others as required by your daily tasks.
- Conversant in or willing to learn git source code management
- Familiar with continuous integration tools, like Jenkins, GitLab, Bamboo, Go CD.
- Strong familiarity with Linux or Windows Server platforms support and eagerness to continue building expertise in the less familiar platform.
- General familiarity with AWS or Azure or other leading cloud platforms and virtualization.
- Experience supporting applications that run on Web services and Java virtual machines technologies, IIS or Apache web servers.
- Experience with Load balancing methodologies and technologies.
- Intermediate to advanced platform with troubleshooting in the technologies that you are proficient in.
- Familiar with agile work management principles and tools.
- Persistent desire to innovate, automate, and continually improve processes
- Experience implementing Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment Automation
- Capacity to take initiative; desire to become a self-starter.
- Willingness to find problems and come up with creative solutions.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Able to think and react positively and professionally when faced with obstacles.
- A strong willingness to learn, and accept instruction.
- You are a passionate DevOps team player who avoids blame casting, admits mistakes and learns from them and moves on – because that’s how we roll.
- You consider IT security as first class citizen in all the code that you write and solutions that you build.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing SE teams.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in automation, scripting, or development.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with server infrastructure management in either Windows or Linux.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience within Information Technology field required.
- Advanced job-related certifications preferred but not required. Technical certifications are a plus.
Our customer is an international software house. They mainly develop software products that have extensive, built-in functionalities. Our client invests a lot in product development and improvement.
- Annual salary up to € 110.000,-
- 27 vacation days;
- Pension scheme;
- An international work environment;
- An informal work culture and plenty of opportunities to further develop yourself;
- Good secondary employment conditions.